Your privacy is important to Antarctic Science Ltd. We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors and those who apply to us for grants; this privacy statement sets out how we will treat your personal information.
PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION
Antarctic Science Ltd may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of contacting us or applying for a grant;
- any other information that you choose to send to us;
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of our website (which may include your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, referral source, entry page, exit page, length of visit, number of page views, route taken through this website, and similar information).
USING PERSONAL DATA
Personal information submitted to us via our website or directly via email or post will be used for the purposes specified in this privacy statement or in relevant parts of the website.
We may use your personal data to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- improve your browsing experience;
- to process grant applications;
- send you general non-marketing communications;
- send you email notifications related to a grant application;
- fulfil statutory obligations;
- deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you.
This information is processed according to Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation for the following reasons:
- as necessary for the performance of tasks carried out in the public interest, in this case the disbursement of funds to approved scholars or others who meet the Antarctic Science Ltd charitable objects;
- as necessary in the pursuit of the legitimate interests of the charity, in this case, to acquire the information necessary to process grant applications
- for compliance with legal obligations, in this case to provide full and accurate information to the Charity Commission concerning the Trustees of the Trust.
Antarctic Science Ltd reserves the right to hold data related to grant applications for archive purposes if deemed necessary and in order to facilitate a high standard of due diligence which will enable the charity to continue to fulfil its charitable objects. Once material is no longer required it will be deleted or otherwise destroyed.
PERSONAL DATA SECURITY
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We may disclose information about you to any of our Trustees, committee members, officers and web site agents.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this privacy statement, we will not provide your information to any third parties.
CROSS-BORDER DATA TRANSFERS
Information that Antarctic Science Ltd collects may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in accordance with this privacy statement. In addition, personal information that you submit specifically for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available around the world.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
If you have concerns about we way that we use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
PRIVACY STATEMENT UPDATE
We may update this privacy statement from time-to-time by posting a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes.
The website may contain links to other websites that are not under the control of and are not maintained by Antarctic Science Ltd. We are not responsible for the content or reliability of the linked websites. Antarctic Science Ltd provides these links for your convenience only but does not endorse the material on these sites.
If you have any questions about this privacy statement or our treatment of your personal information, please write to us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.